Last Week of September 2022 Public announcement of funding
November 18, 2022 Application deadline
Mid-December 2022 Announcement of shortlisted applications
February 1, 2023 Presentation to the Board and selection committee
Mid-February 2023 Announcement of funding decisions
April 15, 2023 Deadline for purchase order confirmation to be submitted to RCHF
October 31, 2023 Deadline for equipment to be in use at RCH
Apply for Major Project & Equipment Funding
See funding criteria below
Eligible projects or equipment will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Project or Equipment cost that is between $10,000 – $300,000 CDN (must include all taxes, delivery, installation, shipping & handling, if applicable).
- Is approved for use within RCH and all operating and renovations and associated costs required are already in place.
- Must be in operation before October 31, 2023.
- Must enhance a health care provider’s ability to more safely and effectively care for their patients.
- Should represent advancement in how care is delivered.
- Replacement equipment that does not provide innovation will not be considered. For example, patient beds and replacement of old equipment with a newer model of the same item will not be considered.
- Equipment that meets the minimum criteria above and is currently on the RCH Capital Equipment Unfunded List will, by default, be included in the process.
- Equipment that is not on the RCH Capital Equipment Unfunded List must have approval from Capital Equipment/Planning.
Preference will be given to:
- Legacy equipment that has been identified as necessary for the redevelopment of the hospital.
- Project or Equipment that will enhance an existing project or, by supplying the first investment, ensure that a project will go forward that otherwise would not have proceeded.
- Project or Equipment that has the opportunity to change, for the better, the way health care is delivered at RCH, in BC and beyond.
- Project or Equipment that will be used often, have a high impact on patient outcomes and assist in retaining and recruiting the best staff.
- Project or Equipment that will have a high impact on patient outcome & experience.
- Project or Equipment that will provide leveraged level of impact compared to the investment.
- Proposals that demonstrate a high level of support by front line care givers.